|Posted by Maurizio Morselli on August 27, 2015 at 10:20 AM|
The Five Nice Connections of Effective Leaders
Nice leaders can finish first .
The term “nice” is seldom applied to “leaders”. It should!
Indeed one can be both nice and a leader.
My observations over the years, of leaders who are viewed as both: nice guys/gals and respected, credible, indefatigable leaders, point to, essentially five simple connections/ways of approaching their work/ways of being, if you will ,which they demonstrate consistently.
The Five Nice Connections of Effective Leaders:
1. Heart Connection: Nice leaders show genuine politeness and courteous treatment of all people, all the time. Not just of people who are useful to them.
2. Self-Connection: Nice leaders are aware of what it is about themselves that impedes or facilitates working with people and, with that awareness, take actions that make the relationship more effective.
3. Eyes and ears Connection: Nice leaders listen to words, body language and silent clues. They make a sincere effort and commit themselves to understanding and appreciating other people’s feelings and personal stories
4. Shoe Connection: Nice leaders walk in other people’s shoes and are just and impartial in their treatment of all people, all the time
5. Mouth & Mind Connection : This is basically about effective communication.
It is last because I believe it is the foundational pillar of all leadership.
The higher the leadership position the more critical is the communication process. Nice leaders communicate with sincerity, clarity, brevity and accuracy. And they do it with sincere care and joy.
They also coach, appraise, reinforce, using all the previous tools.
Wishing all a nice day at work!